Jeff Wissman's Heiland Build

Post your ongoing mods and pics here.
Tsi Talon
Site Admin

Re: Jeff Wissman's Heiland Build

Post by Tsi Talon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Aaaaaand the work continues.

I wasnt happy with how the center section came out after installing the LED's, so i remade it into two sections. The LED holder snaps onto the disc that holds the 3mm LED's and then snaps into the center section. There is a lot more room for wiring in this iteration

I had to massage the insert in the emitter, so now it fits a 1" tube perfectly now

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Wow! Everything looks fantastic...pretty stoked to see the final product, but willing to patiently wait for such a customized, quality build. :D

Tsi Talon
Site Admin

Post by Tsi Talon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Yes, it has been a while for an update. Due the many design changes during the build, the customer and I decided we would start a bit from scratch, at least with the NBv4. So a rewire and a couple other improvements were implemented.

I used some colored wire and header terminals for connections instead of Molex connectors.

Since the kill switch is being moved from the center module to the end, the channel had to be widened just a bit

Tsi Talon
Site Admin

Post by Tsi Talon » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:17 am

Pic dump!! With the plan to go see the new movie, the deadline was fast approaching as i wanted this to be in Jeff's hands for the viewing on the 23rd.

Kill switch mounted and end cap snapped back on

How can you attach two wires to one terminal without using two wires? Just use wire strippers to expose some wire in the middle and wrap it around the terminal and solder

Ready to test fire the main LED's

FoC works :)

New center section finished and snapped on

Misc shots

This is how close the tolerances came out, almost needs some Vaseline :D

Just in case anyone was wondering how close the LED's came to not showing through the stock Heiland flash holder, its close but no blockage

Assembled shots!

Yes, it lights up after assembly, nice hue i think

Custom blade plug, looks amazing

Charging port, LED is blue when charging and turns back to green when full or unplugged

Tsi Talon
Site Admin

Post by Tsi Talon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:47 am

It is finished. Yes! Stay tuned in the next few days for the delivery and a photo shoot with blades!

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:31 pm

Better than I could have imagined it turning out. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Love the emitter/blade plug section!

Tsi Talon
Site Admin

Post by Tsi Talon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 am

The weather will NOT let up for a nice day time photo shoot, so lets make more blade plugs! Jeff wanted a photon blade, so we cut some up and had a little over 10" left and I came up with this one first.

The unintended blue inside of the greenish photon blade actually looks quite nice. Jeff wasnt too sure how it would look till he saw it and he immediately loved it.

He also had a couple larger crystals he wanted to make into plugs, one fit perfectly in a thick walled tube, but the other was too big to fit in a thin walled tube at all. It looks pretty wicked and when the FoC hits, the NBv4 turns off the blue so you only see white which looks awesome in the crystal. Sadly, its hard to get a clear pic since its only on for a split second.

I didnt realize i had forgotten to take pics of the accent LED's lit up, mostly cause they were a bit of a secret, and theres still one more secret Jeff will reveal in a video

Custom blade retention screw, just couldnt seem to find the right one, so i made one