ScrapFlex *Completed*

Post your ongoing mods and pics here.
Mormegil

Re: ScrapFlex

Post by Mormegil » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:44 pm

Love the pill bottle battery pack! Guess we should start calling it a Pillflex.... :mrgreen:

Tsi Talon
Site Admin

Post by Tsi Talon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:12 am

One less build on the plate means work continues on the others.

Replaced all the Hasbro wiring, even though this is 30AWG, its better quality and less prone to snapping off because you moved it a couple millimeters.

Tsi Talon
Site Admin

Post by Tsi Talon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:49 pm

TWO build updates on the same night??!! Yes!!

Finished the center clamp section, ready for assembly

More pill bottle chassis! It needed more length (thats what she said) so i had to come up with a way to connect two of them butt to butt and the gel super glue wouldnt hold them together at all. So, i looked around to see what scraps i had and came up with some 2mil packing tape and it worked PERFECTLY and quite seamlessly i might add!

Tsi Talon
Site Admin

Post by Tsi Talon » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Did some assembly work tonight, i made the LED module piece last week but forgot to post it since the holder got ruined by a tad too much machining (blame Jeff) so that it wouldnt fit in the G'Flex top.

So, here we are.

Emitter in its new home

Single Cree LED and the Delrin cup to hold it, press fits into the *ahem* PVC adapter in the G'flex top

How itll look when together

Tsi Talon
Site Admin

Post by Tsi Talon » Sun May 06, 2018 12:05 am

Got it all buttoned up tonight and handed off to Jeff to do a wrap on, he'll be posting those final pics. The brass thumb screw holds the emitter to the hilt, which is different that what was originally planned, but having a friction fit at that end only seemed to contribute to misery, rather than making it a two piece saber ala Kanan Jarrus.